The following information is provided in this policy;
- The information we collect,
- How we use your information,
- With whom we share your information,
- How you can access your information,
- How you can close your account,
- Your choices around collection and use of your information,
- Cookies and other technologies,
- Display of tailored advertising and your choices,
- How we protect your information,
- Children's privacy,
- External links,
- Visiting Trip2Africa,
- Dispute resolution,
- How to contact us,
1. The information we collect from you:We receive and store information that you submit on our website or give us in other ways (such as via telephone or through the mail). This consists of information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, date of birth, telephone number, postal and email addresses, fax number, and billing information (such as credit card number, cardholder name, and expiration date). We may also request information about your preferences (such as meal requests, frequency of travel/hotel/tours). You can choose not to provide information to us, but generally this information is necessary for you to register as a user, make bookings, complete a profile, post reviews, participate in a survey, contest, or sweepstakes, ask us a question, or initiate other transactions on our website. If you decline to supply or provide us with information while using our website, you may not be able to use or participate in some or all of its features. When submitting information on behalf of travel companions you should obtain prior consent of those individuals before submitting such information
If you sign up for Trip2Africa.com using your social media account, link your Trip2Africa.com account to your social media account, or use certain other Trip2Africa.com social media features, we may access information about you through that social media provider, subject to that provider's policies. The information may include your name, email address, profile picture, gender, list of friends, and other information that you authorize us to receive. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations ("Location Data") or "likes" in order to provide you with relevant content. Note that your Location Data may also be shared with your friends on a social media provider, subject to your privacy settings with that social media provider.
3. With whom we share your information: We may share your information with the following entities: · Suppliers, such as hotels, tour companies and safari providers to fulfill your travel and entertainment bookings. All services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such on our website. While we may share personal and non-personal information about you with these suppliers, we restrict their use of your email address such that they may only contact you as necessary to facilitate your accommodation and entertainment bookings or respond to a review that you submitted on our website. Third party vendors are those that provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys, or fraud prevention. We authorize such vendors to collect and store information on our behalf in order to operate features of our website or facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third party vendors have access to and may collect and store information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. They must also follow the same data security practices that we follow. · Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our website. If a third party is involved in a product or service that you have requested, their name will appear, either alone or with ours. If you select these optional services, we may share both personal and non-personal information about you with those partners. Note, however, that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners. ·
If you were referred to Trip2Africa.com from another website (for example, through a link you clicked on another website that directed you to ours), we may share certain information about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites use of your personal information so we encourage you to review the privacy statements of any website that referred you to ours.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services that we believe you will find of interest.
4. How you can access your information: You can access and update certain information by logging in to your account at Trip2Africa.com.
6. Your choices around collection and use of your information: As stated above, you can decline to supply or provide us with information however you may not be able to make bookings for travel or other products and services or take advantage of certain features offered on our website. You also can add or update information and close your account as stated above.
You will also be able to unsubscribe from commercial email messages in any such email we send. However, we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements, administrative messages, and surveys relating to your account or to your transactions on our website, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
Like other companies operating online, Trip2Africa.com participates in cookie-based exchanges where anonymous information is collected about your browsing behavior through Cookies and other technologies and segmented into different topics of interest (such as travel or entertainment). These topics of interest are then shared with third parties, including advertisers and ad networks, so they can tailor advertisements to your apparent interests. We do not share personal information (such as your email address) with these companies and we do not permit these companies to collect any personal information about you on our website.
8. How we protect your information: We want you to feel secure and confident about using our website to make travel arrangements and other bookings, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect about you. While no website can guarantee security or that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may only do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
9. Scams: We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, login name, or password, in an unsecure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is our priority.
12. Visiting our website from outside Namibia: If you are visiting our website from outside Namibia, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the Namibia, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of Namibia might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected.